Sunday, March 02, 2008

In Memory of Gabriel

Sometimes love lasts a moment,
Sometimes love lasts a lifetime,
Sometimes a moment is a lifetime.
-author unknown-


Last night I had the humbling experience to witness the short life of Gabriel. This was one of the most difficult photoshoots that I have done and yet Gabriel's time here didn't bring us alot of tears in his presence. While he was with us the room was filled with smiles and awe at the sweetness of this little man. He is already greatly missed because 2 hours is just not long enough to fill a lifetime of memories. Thank you to Gabriels parents for trusting me to document this very special time with their sweetheart.




This experience has made it possible for me to grow as a photographer and provide invaluable images to a wonderful family. Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, a foundation I have been associated with for over a year now, is a place where families can connect with information to assist in the bereavement process. Through this foundation photographers, such as myself, volunteer time to assist people dealing with infant lose.

No comments: