Wednesday, January 09, 2008

10 years in the making

This year was Omari and I's 10th wedding anniversary.
Some of you know the story of how we got married and didn't honeymoon cause we had a little guy already and didn't want to take him along or leave him behind - as well, Omari started work the day after the wedding. So, way back then I decided for our 10th anniversary we would go on a cruise with the kids (yep, I planned on having 2 right from the start). After years of planning - I finally got my wish!! For Christmas this year we went on a fabulous 7 day cruise with Carnival on the ship called Freedom. The ship took us through the Carribean where we stopped at Cozumel, Caymen Island and Ochos Rios. The food of course was fabulous and we all way over-ate all the time. It is funny to see my pics at the start of the cruise and the end cause I gained about 15 to 20 lbs in the week! My favorite part of the trip was not having to cook of course :) Thankfully the weather was great the whole time. The kids totally enjoyed hanging out in Camp Carnival so Omari and I got to have some alone time as well (this was the original plan, so I'm glad it worked out). It was nice to just find a quite space on one of the decks and just sit together looking out at the ocean. The staff on the ship were fantastic as well. We made friends with out servers Daniel and Felix - Daniel showed the boys new tricks each night at dinner, much to their enjoyment. I soo appreciated the housekeeping staff that came in each morning and evening to tidy up our room and even left us the famed "towel animals" to enjoy. I would recommend cruising to everyone as we all had soo much fun!

Khaalid took this pic of Omari and I on the ship one night at the beginning of the week.
Our Cruise Ship - The Carnival FreedomOur room - an inside stateroom with bunks for the kids.Our awesome dining staff on the ship.
L-R: Nubian, Trina, Daniel, Khaalid, Omari and Felix.
After our cruise we headed up to Kissimmee in Florida to a vacation villa that we were meeting Omari's family for the remainder of the holidays. I was worried about this leg of our journey because I booked the house online and as you all know - sometimes the internet doesn't quite give you all the information as to what you are really going to walk into. Once again I thanked God for leading me cause this house was an incredible vacation spot!! We walked into to a spotless home (I was worried about insects but didn't see any) with a TV in every room (so great cause everyone could watch their own shows with no arguements), 5 bedrooms (enough for us all to have our own space), an outdoor heated pool (the highlight of the kids stay - they practically lived in it), and even laundry (of course we had a tonne to do after cruising for the week before) and an internet ready computer (another of the kids favorite things to do was sit on the internet going around to kids games sites). All I could say was WOW. I will totally recommend Florida Villas and Homes
to anyone who is making a trip to Orlando and area. This house was all the site said it would be and more. The whole trip was so successful - it all went smoothly. I kept waiting for something to go wrong and nothing did.

Khaalid enjoying the pool in the back yard.Omari watching one of the TV's in the living room.
Me with the kids in front of WonderWorks.
L-R: Trina, Nubian, Khaalid and Davu (my nephew)

On the last leg of our journey Omari and I attended a Wedding Photographers Convention in Tampa. It was nice because we got to leave the kids with their Grandma back at the house in Kissimmee. We got to meet all sorts of top notch photographers from all over the world. Of course we did a little shooting too. A little later I will post some of the images we took while we shot brides, some models and even got to trash a dress in the bay.

So stay tuned....first I need to do some major unpacking.....

Happy 2008 everyone!! I'm looking forward to more great images this year!

1 comment:

nikkimcleodphotography said...

Great to meet and shoot with you at the convention! Your cruise looked amazing! Your hubby was such a sport, driving us about!