Thursday, December 28, 2006

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone has enjoyed their celebrations. We had a wonderful time visiting with family during the last few day.

So I also have finished retouching Sophie and Dwayne's wedding. I am still waiting for their bragbook to arrive though.
We spent the whole day together on their wedding day and I really enjoy doing that because it feels more natural to be able to capture everything right from getting ready. It helps everyone to relax alot more as well because we have met alot of the family by the time we reach the family photos. I remember Sophie and Dwayne had a really hot day for their wedding. This was the first time that my camera equipment ever gave me any problems and I have learnt now that it was the batteries over heating. As soon as everything cooled down there weren't any more issues. I remember going through batteries like crazy and not understanding why because I had more than enough and they had all been charged the night before but because of the heat and use they kept "burning out " quickly. Life is truly a live and learn experience. I guess next time we get above 30 degrees I will keep the extra batteries in the air conditioned car. They had a beautiful ceremony and we got some great photos for them to remember everything by. The reception hall was decorated by a family member and it was outstanding. The evening was quite pleasant and just as every wedding has it's story, well Sophie and Dwayne have a couple of ones that they can laugh about now. It was such a pleasure to be apart of their special day and I really enjoyed meeting these two families. Many blessings in your future together!

Now on to Chrysten and Ken's wedding. I had a lofty goal of catching all this retouching up for the New Years, looks like I am not going to reach that though. 4 weddings and 2 portrait sessions in the line up currently...

No comments: