Friday, January 23, 2009

In Memory of Adeline


What the caterpillar calls the end of life,
the Master calls the butterfly


This morning, very early, I recieved a call that Adeline was going to make an appearance so I was off to the hospital to capture some images for her family to treasure. We knew ahead of time that her stay would be brief and we were all hoping that she would beat the odds and have a some time to stay and meet her family but unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. My heart goes out to the family of this little angel. Thank you for including me in this moment.



I'm thankful to the NILMDTS organization for putting together this whole operation that helps families capture moments with these angels. If you know of anyone who may be going through a loss of a child please direct them to this website (http://www.nowilaymedowntosleep.org/) which has a great support forum as well as has a list of photographers who will donate their talent to create memories for the family.

5 comments:

Dyane said...

thank you, it's so beautiful. I can't wait to see the others. (No rush) :)

Anonymous said...

dyane, I think she got your nose and mouth. her tiny little face just looks like she's asleep. I know her spirit is up there thanking you for giving her a body.

Jessica said...

She is so beautiful. The family are in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

She is so precious and peaceful. Thanks for letting us see her.

Hope Walls said...

So tiny and so precious -my condolences to the family and my compliments to you, T, for doing such beautiful pictures of these tiny angels.