Monday, February 04, 2008

Brandi & Blake



On Saturday we attended our first wedding for 2009. Brandi looked great with a wedding dress trimmed in red. The bridal party were real troopers braving the cold with us for some formals outside - and it was cold! Cold enough that my camera equipment was slowing down due to frozen electronics after a few minutes...good thing I have Omari who keeps the batteries warm inside his jacket and another camera tucked away to switch out with. The day was great despite the temperature and the sunshine made it even nicer. When we got out and the sun was low in the sky I just had to make use of it's rays in my images. I love how these pics turned out. The ceremony and reception were held at the Royal Executive Inn in West Edmonton and the food was delicious. Brandi and Blake had their first date and he also proposed at the Sawmill restaurant so to commemorate there was some steak sauce from the Sawmill on each table. I tried it out and it was very tasty. I forgot that Brandi is a cousin to Candice from Candice and Ray whom we met not long ago when we photographed their wedding so I was a bit surprised when I saw them come walking into the ceremony. It was neat to recognize so many people whom we had the opportunity to meet during this previous occasion. What fun to work with them all again - I honestly feel like some long lost cousin :) . For the party there was a DJ and a live band so things were rocking along. We always notice that there is a different energy that a live band brings to the night. It is fun to listen to for sure and a nice break to have the DJ switch out with them between sets.



Thank you for including us in your special day Brandi and Blake. It was a treat to spend the day with the both of you! Many warm wishes to the both of you for the years ahead. See you soon to go through your images. For now here is a sneak peek - Brandi and Blake's Slideshow.

Oh Yeah, FYI - Felicitea is now open! I can't wait to go and check them out... I'll try to stop in there this weekend...The address is...15047 Stony Plain Rd. Edm. AB ....and they are open....Mon-Fri 9:00AM-9:00PM Sat 10:00AM-10:00PM Sun 10:00AM-9:00PM.....with the official grand opening this Sunday Feb 10 at 10 am..... I wish Karen and her partners alot of luck with this venture!

No comments: